ODDMANOUT presents The Foundry @ Darlington Hippodrome
ODDMANOUT Theatre CIC are pleased to announce the launch of our new performance workshop training school in 2019!
Having worked throughout the region, across the country and internationally with performers, theatre makers and venues, we now bring a fresh approach to contemporary theatre practice to Darlington.
Starting in spring 2019 ODDMANOUT will open its doors and share its practice with talented performers and emerging theatre makers from the north east of England. We want you to join us on our new adventure, in helping to forge the next generation of theatre makers, actors and performers and establish THE FOUNDRY.
THE FOUNDRY will be a bespoke training programme, establishing a strong and talented community company (16+) of theatre-makers to learn, grow and work alongside us as we strive to change the face of theatre practice in the region.
Delivered through an intensive weekly workshop session with a strong professional focus around development, growth, and progression of local talent for emerging artists. THE FOUNDRY will be the middle-ground between amateur and community practice and professional entry-level training, where knowledge, practice, and disciplined are forged.
We invite you to apply to join THE FOUNDRY and become our new cohort of theatre makers and practitioners in 2019. The school will be fun, professional, accessible and affordable to ensure that our practise and training is available to as wide a range of individuals as possible. With generous support from both ARTS COUNCIL ENGLAND and CREATIVE DARLINGTON, alongside our partnership with Darlington Hippodrome we are able to offer places with THE FOUNDRY at a highly subsidised rate without compromising on quality or experience as we launch this new fantastic opportunity.
At a time when professional training within the theatre industry is as far from reach for many as it’s ever been, ODDMANOUT Theatre CIC are proud to be starting this new adventure and hope that you, too, are able to continue your journey, or even just take the first steps along the way, and come with us.
Applications are now open to join THE FOUNDRY 2019 and to ensure the calibre, quality and experience we will be offering twenty places on this years workshops.
THE FOUNDRY will be delivered over 36 weekly three hour workshops across the year, with regular breaks and half-term periods. We hope that this model will provide a flexibility and accessibility for anyone who has previously felt unable to commit to professional training whether for financial barriers or time restraints. With a comprehensive syllabus covering a range of practice from devising, physical theatre, writing, text work and theory THE FOUNDRY will be the grounding to take your craft to the next level.
- The cost of THE FOUNDRY will be £480 spread out over the 36 week long syllabus.
- Made affordable across three different structured payment plans to suit individual requirements - choose from:
- Termly payment plan (3 x £160 payments)
- Half-termly payment plan (6 x £80 payments)
- Quarter-termly payment plan (12 x £40 payments)
- Successful applicants will be expected to commit to the full years fees to allow for the full experience and sustainability of the year long programme to be delivered to all students.
- THE FOUNDRY will offer up to 3 bursary places offering a further subsidy towards costs (of up to 50% discount) as part of the 2019 intake to any exceptional applicant who qualifies for financial support within the scheme.
(For further information please indicate on your application if you would like to register for the further fee subsidy bursary and we will supply additional information on acceptance of your first phase application )
THE FOUNDRY will take place Tuesday evenings 18.30-21.30 at the Darlington Hippodrome theatre.
The theatre is within close proximity to Darlington Railway Station, which can be accessed within 40 minutes travel of Newcastle and York. Darlington is well positioned within the north east, located on the A1 motorway and also accessed via the A66 making the location well suited for the whole region.
THE FOUNDRY is open to ANYONE over the age of 16 who wishes to train in contemporary theatre performance, regardless of previous experience or profession. The aim is to expose participants to a professional standard of training and equip its students with a high level of craft, knowledge and learning to help them grow.
- Students will be expected to commit to THE FOUNDRY timetable, dedicate their time and focus to the weekly workshops and strive to better themselves over the course of the year.
- THE FOUNDRY is a professional level opportunity, but is open and accessible to everyone. Participants will train alongside each other and the workshop leaders, including guest tutors from across the industry and is aimed at individuals looking to take their learning and knowledge to the next level.
- At the end of the year long programme students will perform at two showcase events in front of some of the regions key industry personnel, agents and representatives, where they will be given the opportunity to display their talent and skill to help them take the next steps in their career.
We are looking for applicants who are serious about developing their craft and actively pursuing professional progress and developing their ‘next steps’ within the performing arts industry.
Once we have received your application we will invite those applicants we wish to learn more about to the second phase of the application process.
- An audition day will be held where potential students will undertake a workshop morning as well and an interview from which we will offer those successful to join us at THE FOUNDRY.
- The audition day(s) will take place over the weekend of the 27/28 April 2019 at Darlington Hippodrome.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join us?
12.00pm MONDAY 15th APRIL 2019 - This deadline has now passed.
If you'd like information about future opportunities please email to email@example.com.