Coronavirus – keeping you safe
Public health is at the forefront at our minds, and we are following the government guidance across all areas of our operations.
The measures we currently have in place include:
• Frequent cleaning throughout the day.
• Perspex screens in the Hippo Lounge and at the box office.
• One-way systems are in place and are clearly marked.
• Social distancing is in place across the building, including in the Hippo Lounge, where some tables and chairs have been removed, in the auditorium and during classes and courses. (Hippo Lounge currently closed)
• Table service is in place in the Hippo Lounge 10am - 2pm. (Hippo Lounge currently closed)
• When attending ticketed events in the auditorium with refreshments included in the ticket price, drinks orders will be taken by the welcome host when entering the building, and the drinks brought to your seat.
• Contactless payment is encouraged wherever possible.
• For ticketed events, online or telephone booking is encouraged, and e-tickets will be issued where possible.
• Self-scanners are being put in place so that customers can scan their own tickets to minimise contact, although our friendly staff will still be on hand!
• You are kindly requested to wear a face covering when entering the building and to keep this on unless eating or drinking. Face coverings are not required for children under the age of 11 or adults exempt under the government guidelines.
• When arriving, you may need to queue for a short while outside the venue. This is to help us keep you and our staff safe.
• Our staff will be wearing face coverings.
• Capacities have been reduced.
• Darlington Hippodrome is fully accessible, and our staff are here to help. We understand that the measures we have put in place in line with government guidelines could cause difficulties for some of our customers, for example wheelchair users, those of you who lip-read, or those with sensory disorders. Please just let us know – either in advance or on the day – if this is the case, and we’ll make sure you are able to access the building in the way that works best for you.
We will continue to react to government guidance. This means that there is a possibility that events could be postponed or cancelled at short notice, or even that the building may need to close once again. If this is the case, we will communicate with all ticketholders and you will be entitled to a full refund. We’ll also post updates across our social media channels, and email our database. If you aren’t signed up to receive emails, and you’d like to, you can sign up at the bottom of this webpage, or email email@example.com.